Sauvignon "asparagus" 2015
"This Sauvignon Blanc is the perfect companion to asparagus. The grapes are harvested separately and the wine is bottled slightly earlier. The delicate fruit of the bouquet and the fresh aromas create subtle combinations with the taste of the asparagus."
- Doc denomination: Alto Adige
- Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- History of the variety: first vintage 1987
- Year: 2015
- Bottles produced: 12,000
- Yield: 63 hl/ha
- Quality line: Tradition
Manual harvest and selection of the grapes; gentle whole cluster pressing and clarification of the must by natural sedimentation; slow fermentation at a controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks, aging on the lees in steel tanks for 5-7 months.
- Country: Alto Adige DOC
- Provenance: Alto Adige
- Altitude: 250 - 900 m a. s. l.
- Slope: 5 - 70 %
- Orientation: South - Southwest
- Color: light yellow with green reflexes
- Smell: fruity bouquet, with nuances of elder-blossom underlined with gentle green bell pepper aromas.
- Taste: pleasant with a well balanced acidity and a delicate aftertaste.
In addition to Pinot Grigio and Gewürztraminer, it is mainly Pinot Bianco, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc that have made Alto Adige one of Italy's leading white wine regions. In the case of the reds, the range of wines includes the autochthonous varieties Lagrein and Schiava as well as such international classics as Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cabernet. With all their variety, 98 percent of Alto Adige's wines have a DOC classification, with an impressive share of top-class wines.
Microclimate in Terlano
Continental climate (Cfa Köppen-Geiger)
Maximum temperatures: 38,2 °C
Average temperatures: 12,9 °C
Minimum temperatures: -10,7°C
Annual percipitation: ø 558 mm
Average global radiation: 150,1 W/m²
- North foehn: cool and dry down-slope wind
- Ora: valley wind system from the south, bringing in air from the Po Valley
- Alcohol content: 13.0 % vol
- Residual sugar: 3.0 g/l
- Total acidity: 6.1 g/l
- Storage advice: Cool storage at constant temperatures, high level of humidity, good ventilation and as little light as possible
- Cellar temperature: 10 - 15 °C
- Minimum maturity: 1 years
- Serving temperature: 10 - 12 °C
Glass for a young white wine